Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Illusion of Perfection


I’m not perfect.  It feels good to write it down and let it out.  I have a problem admitting that I’m less than perfect, even to myself. 

I have always wanted to do my best, to please my parents, and as I got older to please my teachers and then to please my boss.  But, it has always really been about pleasing myself first. 

Where does the illusion of perfection come from?  We are measured against each other from the beginning.  From our first breath of life to our last, we are measured and charted.  Facts are noted about us, measuring us against others in our demographic grouping. 

We look through magazines, newspapers and reality shows and see examples of life as portrayed by the media.  The only problem with that is when we do not recognize that these are not real life.  They pretend and actually mock real life.  They are made up of pretty people who play act at life, play house and play roles. 

If you use your intuitive skills, you’ll wake up and see right through them.  If you go through life asleep, as many do, it will pass right by you totally unnoticed.  You’ll buy into the illusion and be all the poorer in spirit for having done so.

I invite you to look around and wake up to what is real.  Go outside and take a walk.  Smell the dirt, the freshly mown grass.  Use your imagination if you are completely surrounded by snow, like me.  Take the time to really see the beauty that is the outdoors – there are glorious colors and shapes everywhere you look.  Nature in all her beauty, now that is perfection!




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful writing! You are opening your spirit, and I'm drawing it in.

    ReplyDelete